Emilia Romagna is the cradle of good food and handmade preparations, such as fresh egg pasta.
Today I want to share with you the secrests of a typical pasta of my region, a real specialty: passatelli in brodo (broth).
It is a pasta made with eggs, breadcrumbs and the real and special Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
You have to be patient and careful, the result will worth it!
You will enjoy delicious homemade passatelli cooked in broth … and in the meantime you’ll have strengthened your arms!
Breadcrumbs 120 g
Parmesan cheese to be grated 120 g
Eggs (about 3) 170 g
Salt and pepper to taste
Grated nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon
- In a bowl brake the eggs and beat them with a fork for a few seconds.
- In a larger bowl pour the breadcrumbs, the grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, a pich of salt, pepper and grated nutmeg.
- Mix ingredients and add eggs. Continue to mix, at the beginning with a fork than use your hands. You have to form a dough ball.
- Wrap the dough in a film and leave it to rest for at least 2 hours or more at room temperature.
Then remove the film from the dough and place it on a lightly floured surface.
- Now it’s time to use you Passatelli iron (potato ricer)
- Divide the dough ball in 2 or 3 pieces and start squeesing it into the Passatelli Iron.
- Then remove them by helping with a knife and cut them to 4 cm in length.
- Finally cook them into the boiling brooth and enjoy!!